4 tbsp icing sugar
3 tbsp Marsala, or other fortified wine
1 tsp vanilla extract
150ml double cream
200ml cold strong coffee
4 sponge fingers
Piece chocolate, to grate as garnish
Method: How to make tiramisu
1. Sift the icing sugar into the mascarpone and beat together with the Marsala and vanilla extract.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the cream until you reach the soft peak stage.
3. Mix the cream and mascarpone together and refrigerate if possible.
4. Break the sponge fingers in two and very briefly dip them in the cold espresso. Divide them into the bottom of the serving glasses and spoon over the mascarpone mixture.
5. Grate a little chocolate on top before serving.