Preparation time less than 30 mins
Cooking time 10 to 30 mins
50g/1¾oz butter, melted
½ potato, peeled and cut into thin round slices
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp olive oil
200g/7oz lamb chop, boned and cut into bite sized chunks
1 tbsp flour
50ml/2fl oz red wine
100ml/3½fl oz water
½ carrot peeled, sliced, blanched and refreshed
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
2. Dip the potato slices in the melted butter.
3. Season, lay on a baking tray and roast for 12 minutes until golden.
4. Place the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium to high heat.
5. Season the lamb, toss in the flour and fry until coloured on all sides.
6. Add the red wine and water and stir and cook until the sauce is reduced by half.
7. Once the sauce has thicken, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
8. Serve the lamb hot pot on a warm plate and top with the potato and carrot.