Preparation time less than 30 mins
Cooking time 10 to 30 mins
200g/7oz fresh Barolo tagliatelle
2 tbsp olive oil
½ red onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
½ red chilli, seeds removed and chopped
¼ red romero pepper, flesh chopped
1 tbsp flatleaf parsley, chopped
1 tbsp fresh basil leaves, torn
1. Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water according to packet instructions. Drain it and keep warm.
2. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and sweat the onion until soft but not coloured.
3. Add the chopped garlic and chilli and cook for one minute.
4. Add the romero red pepper and sauté for 4-5 minutes until it's tender.
5. Stir the sauce through the pasta with the fresh herbs. Pile into a pasta bowl to serve.