Preparation time less than 30 mins
Cooking time less than 10 mins
2 tbsp olive oil
½ red onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
½ red chilli, seeds removed, flesh diced
¼ romero red pepper, seeds removed, flesh chopped
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp red wine
100g/3½oz fresh tuna loin
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and sweat the onion until soft but not coloured.
2. Add the chopped garlic and chilli and cook for one minute.
3. Add the chopped romero red pepper, brown sugar, red wine vinegar and red wine and bring to the boil.
4. Simmer until the liquid is syrupy and has reduced by half.
5. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
6. Coat the tuna in olive oil and fry for two minutes on both sides, or until cooked to your liking.
7. To serve, spoon the chilli jam onto a serving plate and top with the tuna.